elf Caribbean Putty Blush ($7.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a vivid red with cooler undertones and a semi-matte finish (once dried down).
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Aroused (P, $30.00) is darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Pretty Thing (P, $8.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Chanel Berry Boost (6) (P, $45.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- ColourPop Babycakes (LE, $12.00) is darker (95% similar).
- About Face Big O (P, $18.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Rare Beauty Nearly Berry (P, $21.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Rose Inc Dahlia (P, $18.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Flower Beauty Bitten (P, $9.99) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Natasha Denona Bloom (P, $22.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
$7.00/0.35 oz. – $20.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be “highly pigmented” and “creamy” with a “lightweight, buildable formula” that dries down to a “semi-matte powder finish.” They were more medium to semi-opaque and buildable with respect to coverage, depending on how much product one picked up initially, but the formula tended to sheer out a bit in practice, so it was hard to overdo.
The consistency was lightweight, emollient, and thin with moderate slip, and as it dried down, it turned more velvety and “putty” like; I did find that I needed to work while it was in its wet-form as the “putty” stage was more prone to picking up base products or applying unevenly. Once applied and blended out, it had a more matte finish and was not dewy in finish nor tacky to the touch.
The shades lasted eight to nine hours on me before showing signs of fading.
Browse all of our elf Putty Blush swatches.
Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Red 6 Lake(Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow Iron Oxide (Ci 77492), Black Iron Oxide (Ci 77499), Red 22 Lake (Ci 45380), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985), Red Iron Oxide (Ci 77491)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.