Mented Cosmetics Pinky Promise Blush ($22.00 for 0.20 oz.) is a medium pink with soft, warm undertones and barely-there gold pearl strewn throughout. The finish was more satin than it was overtly shimmery as there wasn’t a ton of shimmer and it was quite fine, so those who prefer lower-level shimmer may find it a nice pick since that type of finish seems harder to find.
The texture was soft, lightly powdery in the pan, and a little drier, which translated into a laydown of product that seemed to emphasize my skin’s texture/inherent dryness a bit (in a way that doesn’t usually occur for me). It had opaque color payoff that showed signs of fading after seven and a half hours of wear.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Hourglass Pure Effect (LE, $40.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Blush (Original) (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Clinique Heather Pop (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Milani Bella Bellini (P, $7.99) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Amp (-, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Clinique Rosy Pop (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Birthday Suit (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Rose Cliff #2 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Lissome (Bottom) (LE, ) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Sweets for My Sweet (P, $31.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
The formula is supposed to be “blendable, buildable” and “most importantly, pigmented.” The color coverage was nearly opaque to opaque, but the texture was more forgiving–not so soft that it was difficult to pick up less product, but it definitely wasn’t inherently buildable. If I used a less-dense brush, I had no trouble getting a sheerer level of coverage that I could build up or further blend out.
On my slightly drier skin (at least, at the time of testing), the formula wasn’t as blendable or as flattering to wear as it seemed to emphasize dryness. The formula was easiest to apply and blend out over a more luminous base that was lightly set with translucent powder, but it wasn’t ideal over a more matte foundation or over my bare skin. The blushes lasted seven to eight hours on my skin before showing fading.
Browse all of our Mented Cosmetics Blush swatches.
Talc, Mica, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Capryloyl Glycine, Undecylenoyl Glycine, Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, Water. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarines (CI 77007).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.